You can focus on Dr. Fuhrman’s GBOMBS: Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries, and Seeds. (Dr. Fuhrman is author of the bestselling Eat to Live and other excellent diet/health books.)
And check out the Environmental Working Group‘s lists of Clean 15 and Dirty 12:
Clean 15 – Foods that tend to be relatively free of pesticides, so you don’t have to buy organic.
Dirty 12 – Foods that tend to be heavily treated with pesticides, so try to buy organic.
Okay, there’s a bit more to it than that—but maybe not too much if you’re vegan.
Remember: Vegan Kalamazoo is here to help! This summer we’ll be doing a lot of tabling, so stop by and see us at…
- The Kalamazoo Dog Walk – This Saturday May 7
- Kalamazoo Farmers’ Market – Third Saturday of the month, May – August
- Portage Farmers’ Market – Fourth Sunday of the month, May – August
- Kalamazoo PRIDE – June 9-10
We’ll be happy to answer your questions. (And if you’d like to help table, that would be great! Tabling is fun and you don’t have to be an expert. Email me if you’d like to do it.)
You’ll also meet many friendly, fun, and helpful vegans at our informal Living Vegan Social Club get-togethers:
- Saturday May 14, 10 – noon @ Fourth Coast Cafe (Westnedge)
- Monday, May 23, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. @ Tropical Smoothie Cafe (West Main)
Remember—everyone, including vegans, vegetarians, and the veg-curious, is always welcome at all Vegan Kalamazoo events. All events are free except for cost of food, movie, etc. (An optional “love donation” to help defray expenses is appreciated.)
See you healthily this summer!